Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Rumspringa in Space!

So these are actual books. I've read most of  vampires and just found out that zombies was a thing. While I know these are (surprisingly) written as traditional allegorically wholesome Amish fiction stories (with sci-fi and fantasy elements), they're inspiring me to do an Alpha Blue adventure. I'm thinking Rumspringa in Space! needs to happen soon. I'm going to try to set up an online game with my dude, +David Coppoletti. I may try to get some other cats together to give it a shot.  This is an awful idea that just hit me, but I think it could be amazingly fucked up (in all the right ways).




6 comments:

  1. I'm onboard 9000% for this. Can I play an amish halfling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, one of the best parts of Alpha Blue (and Venger's other games) are the random tables. You can make an alien that's essentially a halfling. You won't be Amish though. I'm going to check to see what the cam on my tablet is like. We need to do this soon.

      Delete
  2. Nice! Should be... memorable. Let me know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do sir. I'm coming up with stats (which is extremely simple in your system) now. The thing that's going to take the longest is the random tables I'm going to make. I'll probably compile it and turn it into a pdf and post it when I'm done.

      Delete
  3. Wow. I wonder what the reaction to these has been from actual Amish folks (if they're written to be the sort of fiction that would be acceptable to them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. Most readers of Amish fiction that I'm familiar with are religious conservatives, but not necessarily the Amish themselves.

      Delete