Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - Resident Evil: Vendetta (2017)


Synopsis: Set after the video game, Resident Evil 6, this 3D animated film follows three former RE protagonists (Chris Redfield, Rebecca Chambers, and Leon S. Kennedy) as they have to deal with a new B.O.W. outbreak.



The Good: I dug the animation for this. Leon is voiced by one of my crushes, Matt Mercer of Critical Role, and does some really cool John Wick action stuff. There's an early scene with a garrote trap that reminded me of the laser grid in the first live action Resident Evil movie.

The Bad: The movie was too much action and not enough horror for me. I think that's my issue with Resident Evil in general these days (except for the latest game which definitely goes back to its horror roots). Also, as much as I love Leon, did he really need to ride the motorcycle through the whole building onto the roof?

Final Thoughts: If you want a crisp action movie with zombies and like Resident Evil check this out. If you want zombie horror, go ahead and pass on it. The only real horror was in the very begining, though it was a bit creepy at times.

In Your Game: Last year I statted T-Virus zombies out for Cinematic Uniystem. You can check that out here

New To Me Movies Watched: 2
Total Movies Watched: 2



No comments:

Post a Comment