. This time around we have World War 2, Super Heroes, and 80's Horror.
Each book in the project will be a graphic novel-sized soft cover. They will all have the same style and be broken down as follows:
- The Comic - Each book opens with a comic that you can share digitally to prep your characters for the upcoming game. It will introduce the genre and setting, and is a hook to get characters invested.
- The Adventure - The comic is followed by a one shot adventure, with pre-gens, that picks up where the comic left off.
- The Source Guide - This section gives the GM the monsters, obstacles, and other genre rules. Basically it gives you the tool kit to make your own genre adventures. It also gives the players new equipment, archetypes, backgrounds, and such.
Here's a break down of what's in each genre book:
- Setting: North Africa in 1942, players are a part of a tank crew (can include supernatural elements if you like)
- 4 American WWII soldier archetypes
- Period specific vehicles and equipment,
- Customizable foes
- Super Heroes
- Setting: Present day Cobalt City
- 13 of the city's worst super villains
- Customizable non-super enemies
- Future tech equipment
- 10 character archetypes
- 80's Horror
To be honest, it really is the supers genre book that sold me on this. I've been thinking about a supers style 5e game for a while and this seems perfect. The others sound pretty interesting, but its the capes that sold me. That being said I'm sure there will be all sorts of content from the other books I can use in my games and who doesn't love a super who's originally from the WWII era fighting zombies and cultists?
If you're a fan of 5th edition D&D and want to spice up your games, you should back this project too.