Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My New Fantasy Game - I Want Your Input

I will be starting a few games soon. One will be a cinematic unisystem game set in my own Buffy/Supernatural hybrid setting. The second game will be a "D&D" game. I'm using D&D in the loosest term. While I love Pathfinder, I want something rules light. Dungeon Crawl Classics has been on my mind, but I wouldn't really call it rules lite.

Right now I am torn between Swords & Wizardry (with a heavy dose of Crypts & Things) and Castles & Crusades. Both systems look like they'd be fun and do what I like

I don't really think the adventures I run will change much based on system. I plan on using a few modules I own. For the first few levels I will use Keep on the Borderlands (Basic). Depending on the system and feel I get for the party I may then run Death Frost Doom (Lamentations of the Flame Princess) or if I don't want to go grimdark Zogorion, Lord of Hippogriffs (Swords & Wizardry).

For those of you familiar with these systems, sell them to me.I own both, but I'd like some input.

1 comment:

  1. Ok here is my deal.

    When confronted with D&D Basic vs. Advanced D&D which do you choose.

    C&C is more expensive but is Advanced D&D for all intents and purposes.

    S&W is cheap and fun and more similar to Basic D&D.

    I say have your players work up their characters in both systems and alternate between adventures. Then you will know.

    ReplyDelete