Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October Horror Movie Challenge - Burying The Ex (2014)


Synopsis: Max is a die hard horror fan with a dream and a relationship that involves smoking hot sex. Unfortunately things change when his girlfriend Evelyn moves in with him. When Evelyn is killed in a freak accident, Max finds himself falling for quirky Olivia. Unfortunately for him, Evelyn has returned to as a zombie and won't let the relationship die.

The Good: I like Anton Yelchin a lot. He's been doing quite a few supernatural and horror films (The Only Lovers Left Alive, Odd Thomas, Fright Night). Alexandra Daddrio is adorable as Olivia. Her little bit about the monster cereals made me smile. This movie has a quirky sense of humor, but that's not surprising because it was directed by Joe Dante.

The Bad: The movie is nothing ground breaking and feels like something I've seen before.

Final Thoughts: This was a fun flick. Nothing to write home to mom about, but if you're a horror geek, you might enjoy it. As of the time I'm posting this, it's available on Netflix. I'm not sure how much like Life After Beth (also from 2014) this one is.

In Your Game: I could see using elements of this in a Buffy or other Cinematic Unisystem game. If you want to make a zombie character, there's a zombie quality in Monster Smackdown.

New To Me Movies Watched: 15
Total Movies Watched: 16
                                      

1 comment:

  1. Lith After Beth is on my list too. Maybe I'll add this too for a double feature.

    ReplyDelete