Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October Horror Movie Challenge - Fear Clinic (2014)


Synopsis: In the aftermath of a mass shooting, five survivors seek treatment from Dr, Andover (played by the always wonderful Robert Englund) and his fear machine. The machine seemingly cures those that enter it of their fear. One year later the phobias return and the doctor discovers that the machine may be a doorway for an ancient entity.



The Good: The primary leads, Robert Englund and Fiona Dourif do a great job in their roles. I was surprised to find that Slipknot and Stone Sour's Corey Taylor was in the film. He plays a sleazy ex-con and does a great job at it. I'm curious to see him in Doctor Who this season.  The film has some great practical effects, which I always have a soft spot for. I'm also a fan of actress/contortionist Bonnie Morgan who plays Paige.

The Bad: I wish the director would have went into a little more background about the fear entity.

Final Thoughts: This is the second Fiona Dourif movie I've watched this October. I like her. She's a cute horror protagonist. I may have to look into her filmography a bit deeper.

In Your Game:  The fear entity would make a great big bad/elder being for a Buffy/World of Darkness/Call of Cthulhu game.

New To Me Movies Watched: 6
Total Movies Watched: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment