Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October Horror Movie Challenge - Knights of Badassdom (2013)


Synopsis: Joe gets dumped by his girlfriend and his friends decide to cheer him up by taking him to their big LARPing event. Unfortunately while there, they accidentally summon a succubus from Hell and have to fight for their lives.

The Good: Brian Posehn has a great cameo in the beginning. Ryan Kwanten, Peter Dinklage, and Stave Zahn are are fantastic in this movie. This movie is just a lot of fun.

The Bad: This movie is cheesy, but if you like cheesy (and you should) then you've got no problem. I'm not the biggest Summer Glau fan, but I might be in the minority there. Also, I've head the released version of this movie is different from the director's original cut, which I'd love to see.

Final Thoughts: If I wasn't a gamer, I don't know that I would love this as much as I do, but I don't care. This is one of my go to movies when I'm just sitting around doing nothing.

In Your Game: I've already created a cinematic unisystem archetype based on this movie for Ash Wednesday. You can check it out here.

New To Me Movies Watched: 15
Total Movies Watched: 17


                                      

2 comments:

  1. Ehhhh... I wanted to like this movie so bad, but I really didn't care for it. In a similar vein, Lloyd the Conqueror is VERY fun to watch. http://www.lloydtheconqueror.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. I think I liked Knights as much as I did because I love the actors. Had it been anyone else, I probably would have had a lukewarm reaction.

      Delete