Monday, December 23, 2013

30 Day D&D Challenge, Day Twenty: Favorite Monster (Humanoid/Natural/Fey)

Day 20 - Favorite Monster (Humanoid/Natural/Fey)
The blue, psionic goblin subrace

My favorite humanoids are the classic fodder of D&D, the goblin. Even when I played Magic: The Gathering, I loved these guys. Goblinoids in general are cool in my book, but the classic goblin (and its psionic offshoot, the blue) are my favorites. I just love them. They're not the nastiest or most intimidating humanoids characters will face, but in my opinion they're some of the most entertaining. They're a simple monster to tweak and can even be fun at higher levels (just watch your players' snickers turn to fear as you send them against a goblin with class levels).

I really appreciate what Pathfinder has done to revitalize goblins and make them cool. They are humorous, but still very creepy. I really just enjoy the eccentricities they've been given. Check out We Be Goblins! and We Be Goblins Too!
What's better than a group of goblins? Goblin pirates!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment