What is The Lusty Minotaur?
The Lusty Minotaur is a huge, centuries-old tavern that you can drop into any city in your fantasy campaign. The Minotaur serves the standard tavern role of giving RPG characters a place to form a party, hear rumors, and hang out, but is also filled with colorful characters and strange goings-on that can be used as a springboard for adventures that the PCs can enjoy without even having to settle their bar tab. The zine will include:
- A map of the Lusty Minotaur and descriptions of its history, facilities, and services.
- Character descriptions and game stats for Minotaur staff and regulars.
- Rules for Fate's Hand, a tarot-based card game that's sort of like playing poker with a Deck of Many Things.
- Story hooks, rumors, and other adventure fodder.
- Random tables, because who doesn't love random tables?
Tales from the Lusty Minotaur will be as system agnostic as possible so you can use it with any game. Where stats are required, I'll use the QAGS Second Edition (Q2E) game system. QAGS is a simple rules set with a d20 core mechanic, so conversion to other systems is quick and painless.
This sounds like a great and useful addition to any DM's arsenal! If you're game needs it's own The Silver Eel, The Inn of the Last Home, or The Vulgar Unicorn, this one is for you. Though the zine uses QAGS, there would be no problems using it with other elf games. It features some great artists, including Josh Burnett and Leighton Connor. I bet this one would also pair nicely with Cade's Big Book o' Booze. Check this Kickstarter out today and help it fund.