Wednesday, February 12, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop - Day 12

First store where you bought gaming supplies? Does it still exist?

The first store I bought gaming supplies from is Castle Comics. Castle is in my hometown of Portsmouth, Ohio. It's primarily a comic shop, but has done descent business in selling gaming material. Growing up it was my favorite place to go. It was just full of cool stuff… comics, toys, games.
I spent many hours playing Magic there during my teen and early adult years.  I have many fond memories of the shop and I’m still friends with the owners. I’ve spent a lot of money there. It’s where I bought my first dice set and my first gaming books.  

It’s still open, though I don’t go there anymore. I don’t feel this is the proper place to go into that, but I have my reasons.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment