Tuesday, September 1, 2015

#RPGaDay2015 - Zak's Additions

+Zak Smith added 15 more questions to the #RPGaDay2015 and I thought I'd answer them too, because these things are fun.

1. Worst game you ever played
Not sure I've played any bad games.

My first session of D&D was awful though. I made a minotaur fighter (we had the Complete Book of Humanoids) and I was put in an arena fighting lions, at first level. I died, was miraculously resurrected a few times and the session ended. No roleplay. Nothing. Had I based rpg's off that one experience I wouldn't have come back to them.

2. Interesting rule embedded within otherwise baleful game
I don't own that many baleful games, but I do seem to remember the Fuzion Dragon Ball Z rpg discussed how to you action figures as miniatures.

3. Game you never played but you knew it sucked just looking at it
I've been fortunate enough not to play any sucky games.

4. Game you most wish didn't suck
FATE, it seems like a great idea, but I just can't get into it.

5. Game about which you have the most mixed feelings
Deadlands/Deadlands Reloaded, I love the setting, but never been a big fan of either system.

6. Old game most in need of an upgrade
Keep in mind, old to me may not be the same as old to you, but I'd love to see a Changeling: The Dreaming update (which is supposedly in the works).

7. Game you can run with the least prep
Ask me this 15 years ago and I would say 2nd Edition D&D. Never really felt that way about 3rd or 4E, but I feel like I could wing a 5E game with little problem.

8. Game with awful art (and who you wish you could hire to fix that)
I don't know about any games with awful art, but as much as I love classic Deadlands, I didn't care for a decent portion of the artwork. Too much Ron Spencer for my taste. Now in my wildest dreams I'd have Mike Mignola doing the art.

9. Best houserule you've seen in action and now use in your own games.
See this post

10. Game you've most changed your thoughts/feelings about
Lamentations of the Flame Princess, while I've never had issues with the rules LotFP always bugged me. I blame it on the Something Awful article. I find many of the books interesting now, especially the ones that +Zak Smith is involved with.

11. Game you'd use to run just about any setting if you had to
Cinematic Unisystem (Buffy, Angel, Ghosts of Albion in particular).

12. Game that haunts you and you're not sure why
Changeling: The Dreaming, I see it everywhere I go.

13. Game that would probably be most fun to play a bee in
Mutants and Masterminds, you'd probably be a mutant minion of the Bee-Keeper.

14. Best Star Wars game?
I'm going to say Saga Edition, but I think if I had a little more experience I would say the newer Fantasy Flight Games are the best.

15. Game that's good in theory but you're kind of on the fence about it to be honest
Savage Worlds. I love the settings. It does everything. Everybody seems to love them, but I just can't get into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment