Sunday, October 4, 2015

October Horror Movie Challenge - It Follows (2014)


Synopsis: Teenage Jay has sex with her boyfriend Hugh and finds herself the latest recipient of a curse. A shape changing creature that only those affected by the curse can see will stalk her until she is caught or passes the curse on.




The Good: Hands down, my favorite part of this movie was the soundtrack. It was 80's synth Heaven. It kind of reminded me of watching Drive (another one that I love for the music, more than the story). The movie is slow, but I like the build. If you want something atmospheric, this isn't a bad choice. The movie has sort of a vague time frame. It could easily be set in the 70's to today, and this adds to the creepiness.

The Bad: I don't understand why the creature has to torment the victims the way it does. If I really wanted to kill something I wouldn't look like a super tall guy with no eyes or a old patient. I would pick something normal, say a family member for example. Okay that does happen at one point with a disturbing outcome.

Final Thoughts: This movie isn't perfect, but it's good. Don't by into the hype, but give it a shot.

In Your Game: Much like yesterday's movie, this one would make a good cinematic unisystem episode or World of Darkness mortals scenario. The creature also seems like an appropriate monster for something like Lamentations of the Flame Princess. 

New To Me Movies Watched: 4
Total Movies Watched: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment