Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Horror Movie Challenge - Wrong Turn (2003)

Synopsis: A group of friends find themselves stranded in the secluded West Virginian wilderness. Their car troubles are the least of their worries as the find themselves being hunted by mutant cannibal hillbillies.

The Good: Eliza Dushku... Yum. This movie has some nice kills. While it was shot in Ontario, the film does a good job of looking like it was shot in the mountains of West Virginia.

The Bad: The acting/plot is typical slasher fair.

Final Thoughts: Overall I like this movie. I think part of the appeal for me is that I'm from the West Virginia/Ohio/Kentucky tri-state area, so I have a soft spot for things hillbilly. As I said I don't think it's anything spectacular, but in context to the genre, it's good.  Though I know I shouldn't, I plan on watching a few more in the series (the 2nd and 6th). I'll probably post about the later today and tomorrow.

In Your Game: If you want to add cannibal mutant hillbillies to your cinematic unisystem game, you're in luck. I've previously statted some out for one of my Ash Wednesday posts. You can find my Hellbillies post here. If you're running a Pacesetter game, the Cryptworld book contains stats for cannibal hillbilly. Finally World of Darkness Slasher has some nice rules that could be used to make some of these fine country folk.

New To Me Movies Watched: 6
Total Movies Watched: 7



No comments:

Post a Comment