Monday, September 5, 2016

Monstrous Monday - Owlbeartross (S&W)

I wanted to post something for #monstrousmonday. Honestly, this is just the Swords & Wizardry Complete owlbear stats with a few modification to make it nautical. I will use this in my Razor Coast game.

Owlbeartross
Hit Dice: 5
Armor Class: 5 [14]
Attacks: 2 webbed claws (1d6), 1 peck (1d6)
Saving Throw: 12
Special: Hug for additional 2d8 if to-hit roll is 18+
Move: 6/12 (Swimming)
Alignment: Neutrality
Challenge: 5/240

Owlbeartosses are the aquatic cousins of the common owlbear. They have the body of a bear with webbed claws and the beak of an albatross, with some feathers on the head and other places. One an attack roll of 18 (natural roll) with it's claws, the owlbear grabs its victim and hugs it for an addition 2d8 points of damage. This can be quite deadly and cause a risk of drowning considering they often attack from the waves.

The owlbeartross is a promotion card for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.

4 comments:

  1. This owlbear fan had no idea about the owlbeartross. Fantastic! I hope your players get to encounter it...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across it when I was thinking about getting into the Pathfinder card game (which is far too complex for my tastes).

      Delete