Religion is an important aspect in the lives of most natives. Holy folks of the region are known as preachers. Speaking for the gods, they often serve as leaders and are not as highly trained for combat as their eastern counterparts in the rest of the kingdom.
Any character from the Portsmaw region may choose the Preacher variant of cleric.
Hit Dice: 1 HD at 1st level, 2 HD at 2nd level, 2HD+1 at 3rd level
Saving Throws: 15 at 1st level, 14 at 2nd level, and 13 at 3rd level
- Preachers may wear only leather armor. Preachers can use only blunt weapons.
- Preachers can start with either a staff (1d6) or club (1d6) and a sling (1d6-1) and a suit of Leather Armor AC 7 . They also start with a wooden holy symbol of their faith.
- Preachers get +2 on Saving Throws vs. charm, death and poisons.
- Once per day a preacher may give a fiery mini-sermon. Allies listening to this sermon get +1 to hit.
- Starting at 2nd level Preachers can cast spells. They get their first spell at 2nd level and another spell at 3rd level.
Preachers use the Cleric spell list and turning abilities.
More information of the Portsmaw setting can be found here.