Thursday, May 25, 2017

Giants and Sky Castles


I want a fortress in the sky adventure with giants, but I can't decide which one to pick up. I've heard great things about both Castle Gargantua and Broodmother SkyFortress. The reviews I've read have mentioned that they are both Lamentations of the Flame Princess-esque. Well, Castle is LotFP-esque, SkyFortress is actually a LotFP adventure.

Castle Gargantua seems like a dark take on the classic Jack and the Beanstalk tale. It even (potentially) has a godsdamn beanstalk. By contrast, SkyFortress has giant elephant-shark-man-things and apparently some Jack Kirby influence.

To be honest, both sound like they have a lot of potential. I just can't decide which I want more. Hell, I'll probably get both, but which do I pick up first?

Do you own or have you played in either of these adventures? If so, let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment