Thursday, May 4, 2017

Nephilim for Swords & Wizardry Preview - The Ogril

I am hard at work on my Swords & Wizardry Light Portsmaw release with +David Coppoletti, I've also started working on my Nephilim release again. It'll be rather short. Right now I'm looking at seven pages or so (cover, racial profile, 2 pages of monster stats, 1 page of magic items, and OGL).  It's either going to be 99 cents or pay what you want. All of the artwork I'm using will be public domain, but given the biblical and mythical nature, I think it seems fitting.

Here's a brief example of what's in it. This is what happens when a nephil lowers its' standards when looking for a mate...
-------------------
Ogril
Hit Dice: 5
Armor Class: 4 [14]
Attacks: Weapon (1d10+2)
Special: Rage
Move 12
Alignment: Chaos
Challenge Level/XP: 5/240

Occasionally a degenerate nephil, unable to find a mate among its people will couple with an ogre. The unfortunate crossbreed of such a pairing is known as an ogril (plural ogrilim). These brutes tend to be stronger and smarter than their ogre brethren and often chieftains. Like their nephil parents, they are emotional creatures. However, all emotions tend to make them angry and hateful. Any time the ogril is targeted by an emotion based spell, they ignore the normal effect and fly into a murderous rage for the duration of the spell.
-------------------
I hope to have the first draft done by the beginning of next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks good; I'm looking forward to seeing the complete work...!

    ReplyDelete