Monday, August 14, 2017

#RPGADAY2017 - Day 14


Day 14: Which RPG do you prefer for open-ended campaign play?

I think D&D and it's variations are great for open-ended campaign play. While Pathfinder seems to be focused on Adventure Paths and 5E has a lot of story line adventures, in general I still think of D&D as an open sandbox kind of game. According to most of the grognards I see online, that's the truest form of D&D. I can't confirm or deny that, but I like open ended D&D. Honestly before the release of Pathfinder that's the only D&D I played.

Mutants and Masterminds is another game that's great for open-ended campaigns. It's a great drag and drop system. Regular players missing, they're characters are off doing solo adventures. Have a friend that wants to play but can only play a session? Sounds like a guest team-up session to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment