Wednesday, June 20, 2018

More Portsmaw Musings

You can grab your Corn Whiskey Western Themed D6's from Black Oak Workshop here.



Portsmaw is often on my mind. I know I just need to set and write it. The setting is pretty fleshed out in my head. The thing I keep getting caught up on is what system I want to write it for. Originally it was an April A-Z Blog Challenge idea and was created for Swords & Wizardry Light. I liked the idea that anyone could use it with free rules. Earlier this year I toyed with doing that and 5th edition D&D. I think both could do it justice.

However, since Origins my mind has went in yet another direction. I think the weirdness I envision for Portsmaw would be great for Dungeon Crawl Classics. There's also a precedent for this. The Chained Coffin by Michael Curtis was a big inspiration. My thoughts are Portsmaw will be a standalone setting, but could also be placed right beside the Shudder Mountains and fit perfectly.

Thoughts and comments?



2 comments: