Thursday, July 12, 2018

Some Great Stuff Over At JB Publishing

I'm feeling the spirit of community today and wanted to direct everyone over to my friend Josh's page, JB Publishing.

He has an open playtest for a short d6 storytelling system he's created. You can check that out (and find out what it's about) here. It's a simple but fun seeming system and I know he'd like some feedback.

He has another recent project that's been getting some positive buzz. He's taking the classics, The Village of Hommlet and The Temple of Elemental Evil, and converting and adapting them to Swords & Wizardry Continual Light. Even better he's using his one page dungeon format. You folks probably realize I'm a big fan of Continual Light and have created quite a bit of content for it myself, so I think this project sounds fantastic!

So far Josh has pdfs for Monsters and Villains of the Moathouse and The People of Hommlet (and made an interesting observation about Hommlet). I'm really curious to see where this goes. I know he's done his research and is truly wanting to take the idea of this adventure and really make it focus on elemental evil. If you want to hear more about Josh's design process, check out his podcast on Anchor.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much man!
    Though, I haven't updated my podcast in a while. Been busy with the new baby and trying to get back into the "normal" routine. I hope to pick that up again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New baby.... sounds like new excuse to me. ;P

      Keep up the good work, my friend.

      Delete