Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Going Through Forbidden Otherworlds

Going Through Forbidden Worlds is the last of the GenCon Lamentations books I wanted to review. I've been putting it off, because honestly this one might be too weird for me.

By one of the various hooks presented the party will go to another dimension where physics works very different and things morph and fuse. The adventure takes place in a complex with several rooms featuring disturbing monsters. There's also a collection of bonkers magic items. According to the other, the mood of the adventure should either be black comedy or cautionary tale. I hate saying this because they author is fantastic, but I'm just not feeling either. This one might be a bit too weird for me. It's well written and if you want a quick jaunt into the bizarre, it's a good one to pick up.

The cover is definitely evocative, there's things I might pull from this one, and it features Scrap Princess artwork (which I love), but ultimately I don't think any of my players will ever be "going through forbidden otherworlds."

1 comment: