Thursday, October 11, 2018

Just Waiting To Die...

Waiting Around To Die is the newest release from Scourge Books. I've already talked about their last release, Reliquary Issue 2, but let me say it again... these are small print indie rpg releases you NEED to be paying attention too. Scourge is a great writer and his style is amazing.

This book is a written as a one-shot set in 1979. The party find themselves stranded in a small rundown town in New Mexico ran by vampires and their thralls. It channels movies like Near Dark and John Carpenter's Vampires as well as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Devil's Rejects.

While it could be used with any system, especially something like B/X, I think Dark Places & Demogorgons would be the rules set I'd use this with. I really want to run this as a one-shot for Halloween and I'm going to try to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment