Thursday, November 29, 2018

Grindhouse City


One of the things I'd like to make once Vigilante City comes out is a hack for it inspired by grindhouse flicks. It will be over the top and exploitative like the films, though know my sensibilities, it will be more fun than offensive. I'm going to call the release, Grindhouse City. So far this is the material I'm envisioning going into the book:
  • Brief discussion of grindhouse and exploitation films
  • New classes (blade, hobo with a gun, badass biker, vixen/hunk)
  • Discussion of how the regular VC classes fit the theme
  • New equipment
  • New foes 
  • Adventure seeds
  • D100 grindhouse adventure generator
  • Mini settings (2-5 page campaign setting ideas)
So what do you think? Would you play Grindhouse City? Any suggestions for things that need to be in it?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tim. What do you think needs to be put in this one? Any movies other than the one's above that I should watch for inspiration?

      Delete
    2. 70's Kung Fu, blaxploiation, cannibal gorefests.

      Delete
  2. Weird but bloody Italian Horror ala Argento and Fulci. More to come...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few Fulci, but I don't know that I've watched any Argento (other than the god awful Dracula he did starring his daughter). I'll add them to my viewing list.

      Delete