Thursday, June 11, 2020

Dark Tides of Bilgewater

Howdy folks,

I've not been blogging much recently, because I've not been in the best mental state. Recent political and social events have exacerbated that. I'm keeping on though. It's a struggle sometimes, but I'm still here. Okay, that personal update aside, here's some awesome new content from D&D Beyond.

The original content has been taken down because the licensing agreement with Riot Games ended, but I've linked a compilation pdf someone made here.


Dark Tides of Bilgewater is a mini-setting that takes place in the world of League of Legends/Legends of Runeterra. It's a pirate city and wretched hive of scum and villainy. The setting includes three new archetypes:
  • Path of the Depths - This barbarian path is for those that have experienced the crushing weight of the sea and been changed by it. The path is really cool, giving you a swim speed and the ability to breath underwater. As you level up your body further adapts and changes to suit aquatic life
  • Renegade - This fighter archetype lets you play a sly and dashing warrior with swagger in abundance. It gives you some rogue skills and gunfighting ability. It also includes gun tinkering rules and upgrades.
  • Wild Card - The rogue archetype allows you to twist fate and is perfect for silver tongue gamblers.
In addition to the archetypes, the setting includes an adventure, 6 monsters, 3 npcs, and 7 magic items. One humanoid described is the turtle-like ironbacks. I'd just make these a warrior off-shoot of the Tortle race.

I know that this is just promotion for another game, but this is quality content and I'd love to see more things like this. I figured I'd end with how I'd use this in established settings.

Eberron 

Honestly this can be used as is in Eberron. I'd place Bilgewater on the coast of or near Xen'drik. That seems like the perfect spot for it.

Exandria

Bilgewater sounds just like Darktow Isle to me (except the Plank King still reigns). I'd just merge the two. Ignore Bilgewater's lore where it doesn't suit you. Honestly this mini-setting is wonderful for anyone with characters in the Revelry. 

Forgotten Realms

Bilgewater can either be the a part o the Pirate Isles in the Sea of Fallen Stars or you can put them somewhere off the Sword Coast. Putting it near Chult would also be an excellent spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment