Friday, February 11, 2022

Overworld KS Coming Soon

Overworld is the next Kickstarter by a game designer that creates epic content and is just one of the nicest folks I know, Eric from Bloat Games. Seriously though, I do want to brag on my friend for a second. Eric is a kind soul and has given me some great opportunities to be creative and get my work out there. I can think of several times in the past he's made his games more accessible to folks. I've never really heard him speak negatively about another publisher's work. Eric is just a good dude, that makes great content, and does so without stirring controversy (redacted one-sided nut job incident aside). This is why I love promoting and supporting his work and why I think you should too.

Okay, now that my love letter to Mr. Bloat is done, I'll talk about the project. Overworld is a bestiary zine inspired by The Legend of Zelda! The zine is going to be released in three different formats. There will be a system neutral version, a 5e version, and a version written specifically for Bloat Games take on the OSR, SURVIVE THIS!!. I personally am going to pick up the 5e and SURVIVE THIS!! versions. A little birdie told me there will be a bundle option to get all three, and to be honest, that's the one level I'll most likely back at. I think the use in 5e is obvious. If you're using this book with SURVIVE THIS!! there are several cool ways you can use it. It will provide great classic monsters for Fantasy and Vigilante City. The creatures can be new alien species for SURVIVE THIS!! The Blackest Space. A really fun option for Dark Places & Demogorgons, We Die Young, and What Shadows Hide would be to have the pc's sucked into The Legend of Zelda (or your world's version of it). Think of the fun of your werewolf riot girl or J'town geek questing through Hyrule trying to snag the Master Sword to defeat the bad guys and get back to the real world.

You can go to this link and click "Notify me on launch" to stay up to date with the project.  If you want more Legend of Zelda inspired content from Bloat Games you should consider checking out Eric's Patreon. The image below is a sample of the cool stuff he's doing there.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric let me have a peak at the system neutral version and it's fantastic. I plan on getting all three versions. Speaking of three versions, each system will have it's own cover, which I think is a nice touch.

      Delete