Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The New Punverse

Recently I've been tagging posts with New Punverse. The original Punverse was actually the purpose I made this blog. I was going to create my own supers setting (for Mutants and Masterminds 2e, the supers system I was using at the time). I've had a lot of growth and other influences since then and I've decided to reboot that project.  This is a rehash and update on my very first post in June of 2010.

The rules system I'm using will be D&D 5e. I love the system and can do a lot of things with it. There are also other folks doing great stuff. I will be using a lot of stuff from Limitless-Adventurers 5evo releases (particularly Carbide City). I will also be using stuff found from around the web and putting my own spin on official stuff. 

Setting Basics
  • Throughout time, different races (alien and extra dimensional) have influenced mankind.
  • Ancient alien races were present on Earth since its creation. Traces of their technology still exist today, notably in Subterrania and Primate City. While they don't directly interfere, Earth is considered the birthplace of intergalactic Nova Roman Empire. 
  • Mythic beings, such as gods exist. Lovecraftian horrors exist. These beings have been known to do battle with the gods.
  • Other dimensions exist, the dimension that has the most connection to Earth is the Dreamlands, home of the gods and other mystical creatures.
  • All origins exist in the New Punverse. Supers get their powers from science, magic, aliens, radiation accidents, and any other event one can imagine.
  • While paranormal creatures and metahumans (often referred to as Evos)  have existed since the dawn of time, powers became much more common after the Tunguska Event of 1908.
  • WWII was the start of the super soldier phenomenon.
  • The world went through the basic progression of real world comics, Pulp, Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Platinum/Modern Age.
  • Most major events that happened in our world happened in some way on this version of Earth. Of course there are major events that happened that didn't occur IRL. 
  • There are some fictional cities, nations, and other locations that exist on the Earth of the New Punverse.
  • Their is a Justice League/Avengers level global group called the Guardians of Terra (often just referred to as the Guardians) that have ties to the Nova Roman Empire. There are other supers groups too, most notably the New Guard (which is essentially the Titans/Young Justice version of the Guardians) and Five City Saints.

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, something to inspire me to keep working on my own supers-RPG blog. Need motivation.

    ReplyDelete