It’s been a few weeks since I’ve made any real posts. Tonight will be the second session of my new D&D 2024 campaign. This is the first ongoing game I’ve been involved with in years. Sadly I can’t remember the character names at the moment and forgot to write them down. I’ll get them tonight. Here is the party:
Female Blue Dragonborn Sorcerer played by Alysha – haughty noble
Male Wood Elf Druid played by Jacob – sarcastic avenger of nature
Female Aasimar Monk played by Tomi – amnesiac that has moved from temple to temple to learn more about religion
Female Human Warlock played by Terron – pact of the blade warlock looking for power and wealth
We had a session 0.5. Everyone made characters and I ran a quick intro session. I usedEveryone Dies at Turtle Bay from Faster, Purple Worm! Everybody Dies, Vol 1. The party were imprisoned at Grave’s End in the small costal town of Turtle Bay. Each was sentenced to life in prison. I let them decide why they were there. The Warlock had been caught stealing, the druid got in a fight, the sorcerer was framed by her jealous step-mother (who she wants revenge on), and the monk mercy killed a diseased priest.
In a Dirty Dozen-style plot the characters (along with a bugbear prisoner named Benny the Butcher) are recruited for a suicide mission. They must investigate a ghost ship. They are given their equipment, some magical boosting from a local merchant, and a ship. Unfortunately, on their way to investigate the ship they find out how the bay got its name. They are attacked by a dragon turtle and as the ship starts to sink the session ended.
This is going to be a fun game. The party is an interesting mix and I think there will be some great roleplaying opportunities. Originally, I was going to send them to Punjar, the Tarnished Jewel next. However, after talking to the players about their characters’ motivations and plans I’ve changed my mind. Fortunately, last week I found out the second Swordfish Islands book has been released. I immediately ordered it and tonight the characters will find themselves Shipwrecked in the Swordfish Islands.

No comments:
Post a Comment