Friday, April 15, 2011

Red Dead Redemption - John Marston

Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite video games of all time. The game is all kinds of fun (except for the horse shoes mini game). The protagonist, John Marston is a great character that as a player you actually care about. Last October, Undead Nightmare, a zombie theme dlc pack was released for the game. I thought it'd make a fun All Flesh Must Be Eaten deadworld. Well I've started playing the game again so I've decided to stat up some of the characters and creatures using Fistful 'O Zombies and the All Flesh Must Be Eaten core book. If material is used from any other unisystem suplement I will note it.

This is my attempt to stat up the protagonist, John Marston. I built him using the Suvivor character creation rules from the core book. I would say this is John after his initial encounter at Fort Mercer. I've added some of the DLC content to his equipment (Tomahawks, Warhorse, and Explosive Rifle). BTW, I've never statted up a weapon before and I know the Explosive Rifle is beefy, but anything shot with it in the game turns into a bloody spray.

John Marston

Type: Survivor

Strength 3 Intelligence 2
Dexterity 5 Perception 4
Constitution 3 Willpower 3
Life Points 49 Speed 16
Endurance Points 32 Essence Pool 20

Qualities:
Fast as Hell 1, Fast Reaction Time 2, Hard to Kill 5, Nerves of Steel 3, Number One with a Bullet 1, Resistance 3 (Fatigue) Resistance 2 (Heat), Situational Awareness 2, Status 1, True Grit 3

Drawbacks:
Adversary 2 (Dutch’s Gang), Adversary 4 (Blackwater Agents) Honorable 1

Skills:
Brawling 2, Demolitions 2, Dodge 2, Driving (Stage Coach/Wagon) 1, First Aid 2, Gambling 1, Guns (Handgun) 5, Guns (Rifle) 4, Guns (Shotgun) 2, Hand Weapon (Knife) 1, Lasso 1, Riding 3, Stealth 2, Survival (Desert) 2, Throwing (Tomahawk) 1, Tracking 2

Gear:
Dynamite (3 sticks), Explosive Rifle*, Explosive Rifle Ammo (5)*, Large Knife, Lasso, LeMat Pistol, Pistol Ammo (100), Rabbit’s Foot, Rifle Ammo (100), Tomahawk (5), Winchester ‘76 Rifle, Warhorse (use Warhorse stats from Terra Primate if available)

*Explosive Rifle
Range: 10/25/75/150/300
Ground Zero General Effect Maximum Range
Damage: D6 x 10(30) D6 x 8(24) D6 x 3(9)
Cap: 1 EV: 8/4 Cost: $500
Availability: (Extremely) Rare

*Explosive Rifle Ammo $10/1

Character Background

1 comment:

  1. Very nice write up. Makes me want to get out my fistful'o zombies book and throw together a weird west game.

    ReplyDelete