Monday, June 20, 2011

But, shouldn't we aspire to be the Hero? Yes, unless we be a band of goblins that want to loot fireworks.


You’re no hero.

You’re a small animal crushing Reta Bigbad, pustular sneak Chuffy Lickwound, Poog of Zaongel (who's not good at riding animals but will stab you with a knife if you point that out), and Mogmurch, goblin who makes stuff go BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! You seek fireworks. No gold. No glory. Just fireworks for His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad.

If you can't tell, I really like the Paizo offering for Free RPG Day, We Be Goblins. It's a nifty little Pathfinder adventure that puts the party in role of a group of 1st level goblins, seeking fireworks. It is relatively short, but provides a lot of opportunity for some fun unique roleplaying. If you weren't able to get the print version, you can download the pdf for free.

I can't wait for my next trip back home, because I know my group will love this one.

By the way, the blog title is just my playful tribute to one of Tim Brannan's recent blog posts. I meant no offense sir.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. I got this one too and I like it alot. Reminds me a bit of the old GURPS Goblins game where you get to play a Goblin in Regency London.

    No offense taken at all!

    And, not to put to fine a point on it, these goblins ARE the heroes of their tale. I mean really, if you are a goblin then this is Ulysses.

    Oh and thanks for the for the shout out and the PDF link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking about the hero thing while I was typing it. I mean they are actually looking for glory. Goblin glory, but glory none-the-less. Still I had the idea and wanted to run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it's a great little concept adventure. Havent played a goblinoid since that 2nd ed AD&D adventure when the kings wizard turns you into orcs to inflitrate the eneamy horde. Silver Key I think it was called.

    ReplyDelete