Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ferelden, Here We Come!

I finally have a place of my own! Long story (that none of you care about), but I bring it up because it means that I'm going to start running a weekly game again. Ultimately I want to run Mutants and Masterminds Emerald City Knights, but I'm going to wait for the release of the Emerald City boxed set for that.

So for now I've decided to run a few mini campaigns. The first game I'm going to run a Dragon Age game. I'm a huge fan of the video games (I have both and all of the DLC). They're flawed, but I love the setting and the story.

I've heard good things about the AGE system. I own Dragon Age Set 1, and I've picked up the Midgard Bestiary 1 (AGE System) and all of the pdf exclusive Green Ronin AGE releases (Dragon Age or not). I've yet to actually play or run it though.

 I plan on setting my first session before the first game. I'm thinking I may have a cameo by a few of the game's npc's (which will be much younger at the time and shouldn't outshine the pc's). I'll let you guys know how the games go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fan myself, and have considered grabbing the books. It's only really money and lack of time to play that's stopping me, so I look forward to your thoughts.

    Oh, that and I'm also a big fan of Mass Effect, and my GF and a mate of ours have come up with a great Savage Worlds hack that even takes into account paragon and renegade actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGE system rocks, but I am not a big fan of the DA setting, but there are some other settings like Conan. It also seems like GR is working on other settings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.

    I'm a big fan of Dragon Age and own the first two boxed sets, just haven't had a chance to run it yet myself.

    ReplyDelete