Monday, June 3, 2013

Review - Zogorion, Lord of Hippogriffs

The other day I came across mention of an interesting little module, Zogorion Lord of Hippogriffs. It was created by Jason at The Dungeon Dozen. Here's the blip from the site.

"It's a zine..it's a module...it's...it's...some kind of hybrid...It's a 16 page booklet with a detached map/cover. For Swords & Wizardry and Oe games."

That's a nice little description of the physical product. The artwork is original and a lot of fun. You can check out more by the artists by going to Underworld Ink. Stylistically, the adventure is written in a manner more casual that typical modules. This didn't bother me and honestly I think it added to the overall feel of the product. Statted out using Swords & Wizardry, the book is very rules lite. You can easily run it with any old school edition of D&D (or any edition for that matter). Personally, I'll probably run this with Castles and Crusades once I get my game going.

The adventure introduces a unique (and in my honest opinion quite awesome) npc, the mighty Zog. Zog is just a really cool npc. I'm sure if you introduce him into your game, your players will never forget him.

Do yourself a favor and head over to The Dungeon Dozen and pick this up. It's only two bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment