Tuesday, February 18, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop - Day 18

First gaming convention you ever attended.

I'm an Ohio guy. Other than 6 months of living in Muskogee OK, I've been an Ohio resident. Because of this, it's probably not that surprising that my first gaming con was Origins.


I first attended Origins in 2007. I have many fond memories of Origins. Its one of the few places you can play Vicelords of Catizzle (a GTA/thug themed version of Settlers of Catan). There's nothing like saying, "I will trade you drugs for hoes" to your significant other. Origins is also where I got to play Changeling the Lost, Hunter the Vigil, and Geist the Sin-Eaters before they were released to the public. It's also where I learned about Fluxx.

Oh and Kobolds Ate My Babies...

While I knew about the game before I still fondly remember the two midnight massacres. They were chaotic, loud, and sometimes vulgar. I loved ever second. I played in a school themed one and a space themed one. I still have the evil six sider given to me by King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!). It was an oversized red d6 with a mustache.

I also love Origins because it creates photo opportunities like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment