Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge - I Walked With A Zombie (1943)


Synopsis: A young Canadian nurse, Betsy, comes to the West Indies to care for Jessica, the wife of a plantation manager. Jessica seems to be suffering from some sort of mental paralysis as the result of a fever. When she falls in love with Paul, Betsy is determined to cure Jessica even if it means turning to voodoo.

The Good: The story is interesting. I really enjoyed the music. I like the Sabreur. His movements were entrancing. 

The Bad: I know why this is classified as a horror film, but it's incredibly tame by today's standards. It's more of a romance/drama with voodoo elements.

Final Thoughts: I don't regret watching this one, but I doubt I ever watch it again. If you really want to watch something with voodoo zombies check out White Zombie or even The Serpent and the Rainbow. Also, apparently Tales from the Crypt presents: Ritual is an authorized remake of I Walked With A Zombie.

In Your Game: I've already given some voodoo/Caribbean game advice here and here.

New To Me Movies Watched: 12
Total Movies Watched: 18


No comments:

Post a Comment