Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Ash Wednesday - LARP Massacre Survivor

Knights of Badassdom is on Netflix! If you're not familiar with the flick it's about three friends at a LARP, One of them accidentally summons a succubus and mayhem ensues. The movie isn't perfect, but it's a lot of fun. It starts Peter Dinklage, Steve Zahn, Ryan Kwanten, and Summer Glau.

I decided for today's Ash Wednesday I'd present a new primitive screwhead archetype in honor of Knights. I give you the LARP Massacre Survivor.

LARP Massacre Survivor
Primitive Screwhead
Life Points: 26
Drama Points: 20

Attributes:
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Constitution: 2
Intelligence: 5
Perception: 2
Willpower: 3

Qualities:
Good Luck (+5)
Nerd (+3)
Photographic Memory (+2)
Resistance: Demonic Powers (+3)

Drawbacks:
Impaired Senses: Glasses (- 1)
Outcast (-2)

Skills:  
Computers 2
Getting Medieval 3
Knowledge 3
Kung Fu 1
Language (Enochian) 1
Notice 1
Occultism 3
Science 1

Maneuvers:          Bonus     Damage           Notes
Dodge                        6          None       Avoid getting hit
Foam Sword               6          2             Bash  
Real Sword                 6          6             Slash/stab

Background on LARP Massacre Survivor

LARP'ing is just a game. It's a lifestyle. It's D&D taken to the next level. I didn't know how true that was until the Battle of Evermore. We were camping when the horn of battle sounded. I put on my cloak, grabbed my vorpal blade (okay, it's just foam) and entered the battlefield. I was doing well until those redneck paintball bastards showed up, but they were nothing compared to the big ugly demon. While the fiend slaughter everyone on the field I ran.

A few weeks, I met up with Gunther, one of the heroes of the battle, and he has helped me on the path of righteous revenge. I may not be the best fighter, but I know a thing or two and I'm going to get revenge of all sort of nasty things for what they did to my friends. Looks like now I'm always in game.

Quote
"Thou hast been recruited to fight in the glorious army of... Ahh screw it. Grab the axe and come with me."

Roleplaying the LARP Massacre Survivor
You're both excited and scared shitless to know that magic and monsters are real. You know you're not a great fighter, but that doesn't stop you from trying. You tend to run interference and act as a distraction. You've learned Enochian and have started studying the occult in earnest.

----------------


No comments:

Post a Comment