Thursday, September 15, 2016

Cloud Giant's Bargain


I didn't attend the Fathom Event. There were two theaters in my city that had showings, but I didn't think my seven year old would sit through it. Copies of the adventure have made their way to Ebay and I picked one up for eleven dollars. This adventure is tied into Storm King's Thunder, but is, at best, a side trek. In the adventure the characters are recruited by the world famous adventuring company, Acquisitions Inc. Recruited might be a strong word, but they are given the opportunity to become interns. The adventure is well written and has great guidelines for running it (especially for new dungeon masters). It includes stat blocks for the monsters the party will face. I'm going to be using this as a side trek for Storm King's Thunder. I may right up a little review when I actually run the adventure.

Did any of you folks watch Acquisitions Inc live in theaters?

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this. There was some kind of D&D event in movie theaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a one night thing: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/dungeons-and-dragons/more-info/details

      Delete
  2. My sons and I went. It was lots of fun. You can see other Acquisitions Inc. games on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete