Tuesday, September 13, 2016

They Might Be (Against The) Giants

Well it looks like it's a good thing I've been making notes and things related to Storm King's Thunder because I'm going to be running it soon. I still want to run a Swords & Wizardry Razor Coast game, but this game will have more appeal to my players and honestly I'm getting really excited about an adventure of these proportions.

I was talking with my friend Wirty today about the accelerated leveling system used in the first chapter of the book. I think I'm going to take a similar approach to the entire game. Instead of awarding XP, I will award the characters levels at appropriate story moments.

I'm making some additions to the adventure.I'm adding the desert giant lord being created over at World Builder Blog. I'm picking up Sanctuary of Belches on payday. Finally, The Secret Party House of the Hill Giant Playboy will be a visited locale.

Character generation will take place next Friday. I'm open to third party sources so I'll have my 5E character-centric binder with me.

1 comment:

  1. I am still taking my kids through G2 and G3 and I picked this up too. I need to figure out how to best use it.

    ReplyDelete