Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Hamiltons (2006)


Synopsis: The Hamiltons are a family that have been on the move since the unexpected deaths of their parents. Oldest brother David does his best to keep give the family a normal life, but as the youngest, Francis, and his video camera reveal, the family has some bloody secrets.

The Good: I really like this movie. The plot was entertaining and I thought Francis was sympathetic protagonist. Typically the After Dark Horrorfest movies aren't that great, but this one was entertaining. I wasn't quite expecting the twist at the end, though I wasn't totally surprised either.  

The Bad:  I liked the movie, but I'm not going to pretend it was perfect. Also, I would have been okay without the twincest.

Final Thoughts: Like Rufus, this is one of my new favourite vampire flicks. 

In Your Game:  I decided to stat out the unique version of vampirism shown in the film. I'm my games it will be a new offshoot of the original, which is why I'm calling it what I do.

Nouveau Vampire (8 pt quality)

Unlike vampires of myth, you were born, not made. You have a disease. This disease gives you a need to drink blood (preferably fresh). Still it does come with some benefits. You can walk in the sunlight. Your senses are heightened. You gain a +2 bonus on hearing and scent based Perception checks (+4 if blood is involved). You are naturally superior to most mortals, gain a +1 to Strength, +2 to Dexterity, and +1 to Constitution. In addition as long as you are well fed, you recover 1 Life Point from your injuries an hour. If you're feeding on a vampire (living or otherwise), you regain Life Points equal to the Life Points of damage you do with your bite attack.

Eat Food (2 pt quality)

You've taught yourself to eat food. You might not like it and still have to purge within a day or take 4 Life Points of damage per day until you purge). You can't process the food, but can eat mortal food without showing discomfort.

New To Me Movies Watched: 13
Total Movies Watched: 18

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I have had mixed results with After Dark Horrorfest movies too. I might check this one out.

    ReplyDelete