Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Final Girls (2015)


Synopsis: Max, the daughter of a scream queen, attends a double feature of her deceased mother's film. She and her friends soon find themselves trapped within the film. 

The Good: Every member of this cast is great. They're funny, quirky, and give really heart-filled performances. While I know deconstructionist and parody films can be overdone, The Final Girls really feels like a love letter and watching it you get the impression the writers and director really do love the slasher films its riffing on.

The Bad: I have no complaints about this flick. I absolutely love it.

Final Thoughts: I'm a horror fan and a gorehound, but I do have a sensitive side too. This movie really tugs at my heartstrings and I've shed a few tears watching it.

In Your Game: If you wanted a more lighthearted Slashers & Victims Light game, this is a great premise to base your game on.

New To Me Movies Watched: 8
Total Movies Watched: 10


1 comment:

  1. Very clever and detail-orientated little movie. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete