Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Mummy (2017)


Synopsis: Nick Morton is a self-serving soldier of fortune that unwittingly unleashes an ancient evil  and gets embroiled into the schemes of monster hunters.

The Good: Honestly not a lot. Russel Crowe was decent as Jekyll/Hyde. I really like Jake Johnson (who was channeling Jack from An American Werewolf in London) and Sofia Boutella was gorgeous as Ahmanet.

The Bad: This movie bored me to tears. Tom Cruise is not a relatable protagonist and I didn't care about him one way or the other. 

Final Thoughts: I read the bad reviews but I was hoping the critics were too harsh. I just didn't like this movie, which is a shame because I'd love to see a good full universal monster reboot series.

In Your Game: The plot could easily be a story arc for anything from D&D to World of Darkness. 

New To Me Movies Watched: 9
Total Movies Watched: 11


1 comment:

  1. 'decent', not 'descent'.
    and i agree with your evaluation of the movie. so many wasted opportunities.

    ReplyDelete