Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Void (2016)


Synopsis: A mysterious cult traps a police officer, patients, and staff in a local hospital. Soon they realize that there's a portal to a dark dimension beneath their feet.

The Good: This flick has a great low-budget 80's vibe to it. It's got some great creature effects and genuinely disturbing scenes. The cast also do a great job and you honestly care what happens to these people. There were a few good shocks and surprises too.

The Bad: This was another one I really liked. I've got no complaints.

Final Thoughts: While it wasn't as cheesy as their work can get, this reminded me of some of my favourite Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna stuff. It's definitely the best Lovecraftian movie I've seen in a long time. Actually I think saying it's Lovecraft by the way of John Carpenter is fitting.

In Your Game: This movie would definitely make a great session or one shot for a Call of Cthulhu or World of Darkness game.

New To Me Movies Watched: 16
Total Movies Watched: 24


1 comment: