Wednesday, October 10, 2018

October Horror Movie Challenge - The Facility (2012)


Synopsis: A small group of folks from various backgrounds take part in a paid test of a new drug. Things soon turn dark as unforeseen side effects cause those given the drug to become homicidal. 

The Good: The cast were engaging. My favorite character was the cynical older lab rat, Morty, played by Steve Evets. The film follows a solid premise. 

The Bad: The movie is rather slow. Given the premise, I thought it would be more fast paced. I'm also not sure how I feel about the ending. It works, but at the same time, it left me feeling cheated (which was the point, I'm sure).

Final Thoughts: This was a decent movie, but not one I'd say you should go out of your way to see. 

In Your Game:

Pro-9
Pro-9 is a drug that will cause intense pain and swelling that will send the recipient into a trauma induced frenzy for several hours. During this time the person will most likely attack those around them. They gain advantage on attack rolls and strength checks made during this time, though attacks against them also gain advantage.

New To Me Movies Watched: 20
Total Movies Watched: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment