Wednesday, December 19, 2018

My Next Campaign

Starting at the beginning of the year I'm going to be running a 5E game every other Friday night. I've got four players so far and while I've known them all for years, I've never played D&D with them. I'm having an internal debate about how I want to start the game out. These are the two adventures I'm leaning towards. 



I know that Lost Mine is a fun adventure because I ran it when 5e first came out. It's got a nice variety and I'm very familiar with it. In contrast, Waterdeep Dragon Heist is the new hotness. Though I've not read it yet,  I've heard some great things from folks that are running it.

If Lost Mines is the route I go, I plan on adding another lost mine (Glitterdoom). I also think the Kobold Art Exhibit will make an appearance. Some of the monster variations from Volo's Guide will definitely be added in.

If I go with Dragon Heist, I'm going to make Manshoon the villain so that the adventure is set during winter. This works with the timing of the game and lets me use Winter's Splendor. I can also use my copy of Cloud Giant's Bargain. Of course, if I use Dragon Heist I can also go right into Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

With both adventures I'm going to introduce a character from The Mermaid's Blessing early on. I'm also going to do a 5E version of the Secret Party House of the Hill Giant Playboy because it's just sounds fun as Hell and I never got to use it.

So what games do you have lined up for the new year?

1 comment:

  1. At the moment we're looking at a campaign of 5e D&D (chasing after the Lost Mines), although last night's first exposure to a "storytelling game" (is that even the right name for them?) was an eye-opener.

    I think there's a strong possibility we could be returning to The Whispering Road at some point.

    ReplyDelete