Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Saw Week - Saw II (2005)

Power outages, injury and car trouble prevented me from continuing yesterday. I'll post a few more Saw Week reviews today.

Synopsis: Detective Mathews and his team are on the hunt for Jigsaw. In addition to bringing the killer to justice he must rescue 8 people trapped in a house, one of which is his son.

The Good: I think the film had my favorite game. The trapped house was fantastic. The loose ties that brought the characters together were interesting. They were an interesting group and there were some really nice twists that made them work.

The Bad: This wasn't exactly bad, but this movie did have the scene of the franchise that made me cringe the most: the needle pit. I don't do well with needles and I closed my eyes.


Final Thoughts: This does a great job of expanding the first film. It also is when we first learn that Jigsaw doesn't work alone.

In Your Game: 

Amanda Young
Armor Class: 12
Hit Dice: 5
Move: 12
Actions: 1
Attack: Hidden Blade 1d6 (any hit is an automatic critical hit if used for a surprise attack)
Special: Advantage on all Saving Throws
Bonuses: +1 to Attack rolls, +2 to all Saving Throws, +2 to Athletics: Basic, +3 to First Aid, +3 to Investigation, +5 to Street Wise, +3 to Street Survival
Morale: 10
HDE: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment