Tuesday, October 15, 2019

October Horror Movie Challenge - Train to Busan (2016)

This phenomenal zombie flick isn't Tubi, but is on Netflix and also a part of my Blu-Ray collection.  
A businessman who has a strained relationship with his young daughter, takes her to see her mother for her birthday. Unfortunately for them and everyone else on their train, a zombie outbreak has overtaken Korea.  

I don't know why I sat on this movie for so long. I've heard nothing but great things about it since it's initial release. Hell, I've owned it on Blu-Ray for at least 6 months. Even though I think slow zombies are my prefered type of undead, I have to admit this movie is an absolute masterpiece. It's beautifully shot, exciting, and emotional. It's perfect.

Ma Dong-seok's character was my absolute favorite. He's the most likable protagonist, funny, and a total badass! I've never seen someone punch and manhandle zombies like he does. He's truly a sight to be hold. I want to check out some of his other films.

I really enjoyed seeing the character growth as the story played out and I thought the ending was wonderfully bittersweet. The zombies were cool and I liked the way the hordes were used (which is a bit reminiscent of World War Z).

If you consider yourself a zombie fan and haven't seen this one, do yourself a favor and watch it asap!

In Your Game:  The film's zombies are a variant of the Runner zombie from SURVIVE THIS!! - Zombies!.


Train To Busan Zombie

The zombies are created by an unknown biological agent that can be passed on via bite. They are extremely fast and aggressive when they spot prey, but docile if they can't see humans. Their vision isn't as good as that of the living and they are ineffective hunters in the dark. They do have excellent hearing though and will move to sounds.

When these zombies gather in large numbers they create a sort of tidal wave of undead that can cause structural damage and overturn vehicles.

Armor Class: 12
Hit Dice: 2
Move: 12
Attacks: 2 per round
Attack Damage: Bite (1d6) or Grapple
Special: Grapple (opposing Str checks, a target that fails is grappled, zombie can make automatic bite attack against a grappled foe on its next turn).
Pack Size: Varies
Bonus: +1 to damage, Toughness -2, +3 to Attack
Methods of Termination: Damage to the brain, severing the head, burning the body


New To Me Movies Watched: 11
Total Movies Watched: 19


No comments:

Post a Comment