Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Valor Knights: The Electrocube War

Today I was able to sit down and read Valor Knights: The Electrocube War, by Bloat Games.  This Transformers inspired game was Eric's addition to Kickstarter's Zine Quest 2.

The game is built using The Blackest of Deaths system, which means it's a nice combination of old school and new. I love the core mechanic of these games (which is why I'm using it for Slashers & Survivors). I also like that the game doesn't have levels. It does have several classes though, which help make your transforming robot different from others. They are Leader, Warrior, Support, and Mini-Bot.

The zine ends with several npcs for your Valour Knights to face. There are several of these Chaos Lords, seven to be exact.

The book has an easy to read two column layout done by Phil Stone, who also did all of the artwork.

If you love Transformers and tabletop games, you NEED this. I'm not even that big of a Transformers fan, but I'm excited to give this one for a spin. The game isn't currently available to the public, but I'll make sure to update this link with purchase links when it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment