Saturday, January 1, 2022

Character Creation Challenge - Day 1

 The Character Creation Challenge from TardisCaptain's Blog of Holding is back this year. Last year it was in August, this year he's doing it in January. Last year I tried to use different systems to make stats, this year I'm giving myself that rule. I'm just doing what feels good for the day. 

Since I've been focusing on 5e supers, this first character will be created for that. I've been posting about my supers character, the Wandering Nephil, for as long this blog has been around. I've decided to introduce a new character. Today I'm statting out Kid Nephil II, son of Kid Nephil I/Wandering Nephil II. While the first and second Wandering Nephil's were based on me, Kid Nephil II is somewhat based on my son, Grayson. I think I can create him by making him an (modified) aasimar paladin. I'm creating him as a level 1 character, but if you're curious at 3rd level he will take the Oath of Redemption from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. His attributes were rolled using my Batman d6's. This really doesn't have any bearing on things, just wanted to remind folks they exist. There is a severe lack of superhero themed dice.


Code Name: Kid Nephil II
Name: Grayson Avery
Class and Level: Paladin  1
Race: Aasimar (modified Protector)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Entertainer (DJ)

Proficiency Bonus: +2
HP: 12
AC: 17 (chain shirt, dex, shield)
Move: 30', Fly 30'

Attributes
Str 14 (+2)
Dex 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 13 (+1)
Wis 13 (+1)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Skills
Acrobatics (+3), Insight (+3), Performance (+6), Persuasion (+6)

Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma

Tool Proficiencies
Disguise Kit, DJ Turntables and Deck

Weapon/Armor Proficiencies
Simple, Martial, all armor, shields

Background Traits
By Popular Demand

Racial Traits
Darkvision 60', Necrotic and Radiant Resistance, Healing Hands (heal HP equal to level/long rest), Light (Cha) cantrip, flying (loses Radiant Soul trait, but has feathered wings that give 30' fly speed)

Class Traits
Divine Sense 5/long rest, Lay on Hands (5/ long rest)

Equipment: 
turntables and deck, friendship bracelet from childhood best friend, longsword, armored breastplate, shield, backpack, stylish clothes

Character Traits
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Gender/Pronouns: Male (He/Him)
Personality: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension. 
Ideal:  People - I like seeing smiles on people's faces when I do good. That's all that matters.
Bond: I will prove myself worthy of my lineage.
Flaw: I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden.

Background
Grayson Avery is the son of Nathaniel Avery (Kid Nephil I/Wandering) and his childhood sweetheart. His parents split when he was young and maintain an amicable relationship, despite being divorced. Unlike his dad, Grayson was raised in a normal household. However, it was apparent from his early years, that he was a member of the bloodline of Avarialus. While his father tried to dissuade him from taking up the "family business," Grayson has decided it's the path he must take. An idealist, he believes everyone deserves a second chance. When not training with his dad and older heroes, Grayson likes to DJ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment