Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October Horror Movie Challenge - Lumberjack Man (2015)

 

Plot
A demonic lumberjack terrorizes a Christian summer camp in this slasher comedy. 

Review
This church camp horror comedy is primarily full of unknown actors. I only recognized a few. Michael Madsen, plays a a doctor that survived the Lumberjack Man years ago wanting to put the cursed woodcutter to rest. My Hero Academia voice actors Brina Palencia (Mineta) and Christopher Sabat (All Might) play park rangers. Finally Adam Sessler, video game journalist Ans former host of G4, also plays a camp counselor. I loved G4 back in the day, so it was cool to see Sessler in an acting role. 

The acting is cheesy and many of the characters are unlikable and annoying. That being said, I didn't hate the movie. It was a horny summer camp movie that pokes fun at religion and includes some goofy kills.  I'm typically down for all of the above. It's kind of cringe, but its not the worst. I mean, it's light years ahead of Piñata Survival Island. The titular Lumberjack Man is intimidating looking and pulls a cart with flapjacks... which is something else for sure. There are better slasher/camp comedies. I would recommend Final Girls or Tucker and Dale vs Evil if you want a good movie with similar things. That being said, there are worse horror movies to watch and I only paid a buck for it.

In Your Game
I don't feel like creating stats for the Lumberjack Man, so here's a good Bell of Lost Souls article that has generic slasher stats for 5e.

New Movies: 16
Others Horror Movies Watched Since Last Post: 
Challenge Total: 33


No comments:

Post a Comment