Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Lightning Man #4 Review

I’m a big fan Leighton Conner’s Lightning Man. You can read my review of issue #1 here. I reviewed issues #2 and 3 in this post and updated my 5e stats for him. Last week my copy of issue #4 arrived.

Issue #4 is primarily a flashback issue. Blake and Marisol have lunch with Marvo the Magician, a magical little creature named Tito, and his husband, Benjamin. During lunch Marvo regales Blake with tales of past superheroics. He also revealed that Blake is the great grandson of Lash Lightning's partner, Lightning Girl. After hearing this tale, Blake realized his great grandmother might still be alive and he vows to find her. The comic ends with an epilogue the Mummy having been captured and coerced into serving the mysterious Nullifidian.

Once again I love Leighton's artwork and knack for telling classic superhero tales. This issue in particular featured several public domain characters which is always cool to see. I highly recommend you check out Lightning Man and am posting purchase links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment