Sunday, October 10, 2021

October Horror Movie Challenge - Last Girl Standing (2015)

 


Plot
Camryn is the sole survivor of a slasher's massacre. Five years later she is living a paranoid isolated life working at a cleaners. When she finally begins to socialize and step outside of her comfort zone she begins to suspect the killer may not actually be dead.

Review
I decided to check this one out because I love the premise. What does happen to a final girl after she makes it out? The most recent Halloween reboot/sequel showed one possibility with its depiction of Laurie. This gives us a different take. Camryn is wracked with survivors guilt and ptsd. She lives a life of constant fear. She can never let go of what happened and it's affected how she interacts with others. I really didn't know what to expect with this one and without giving spoilers I will say the ending got me. 

I like the cast of this low budget film and everyone does their part. I think it does drag on at times, and that's a shame. Ultimately I enjoyed it, though it is definitely a movie you just watch once.
In Your Game

Killer
Armor Class: 12
Hit Dice/Points: 2
Move: 12 
Actions: 1
Attack: By Weapon
Bonuses: +2 to hit, +2 to stealth
Special: Immune to fear, Second Wind (when reduced to 0 or fewer HP will appear to fall dead, but will actually be at 5 HP, the ability only works once per combat)
Morale: 10
Terror: 10
HDE: 2

Movie Count
New To Me: 6
Total Movies: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment