Thursday, July 15, 2010

DC Adventures! Sign me up!

The DC Adventures: Hero's Handbook... words can't express my excitement when it was announced on the Mutants and Masterminds website. DC is celebrating it's 75th anniversary and wanted an RPG. They wanted their own rpg, not a supplement for another system. The DC Adventures game is going to be a stand alone game. However, it is also going to be pretty much the exact same rules system as Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition.

The marriage of my favorite supers game (and one of my favorite rpg's in general) and my favorite comic book company. I know there are a few out their that are leary of a new edition of M&M or what a liscence with DC could do with that, but I'm going to have hope. The DC game is going to have a limited run. A core rulebook (which is rules-wise the same as the soft-cover soon to be released M&M 3rd Edition, but hardcover and with some DC specific material), two character books, and a full on setting book.

The core book already has my approval because it's going to have Nightwing (Dick Grayson) and Robin (Tim Drake) stats. For those of you that don't know, I named my son Grayson, so Nightwing's got a special place in my heart.

GR has a great deal going on now too. If you pre-order the book, you can be a copy of the pdf for 5 bucks, instead of 20. Plus you can look at the pdf, NOW. You learn more by going to the Mutants and Masterminds homepage. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get my copy until school starts back up in late August.

Also, if your interested in previewing a few character write-ups, GR has posted a few. You can take a look at Aquaman, Joker, and Black Avenger (a character from M&M's Freedom City setting).

No comments:

Post a Comment